This course introduces the main criteria to consider when selecting pipe products to assure oil well integrity and mitigate risks.
About this course:
- In this course you will learn how the geology of ground and drilling conditions require OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) with different characteristics; how tubular string design is performed; and how selected products are manufactured and tested. The following concepts will be explored:
- A brief description of the different products used in an oil well, mainly casing, tubing and their connections.
- The main characteristics of pipe body and connections. Differences between products meeting API (American Petroleum Institute) standards, proprietary steel grades and/or premium connections.
- The basics of string design and material selection.
OCTG Production Process:
- An overview of the seamless and welded pipes production processes.
- How to assure and sustain quality through the complete production process.
- Level: Introductory
- Length: 3 weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours/week
- Subject: Engineering
- Institution: Tenaris University
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English